Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The latest scoop

Well...a lot has happened to the Hubbard family in the last few weeks.

Shane started his new job yesterday. He says he thinks that he will really like it once he gets to know the plant and the other employees. When you're an industrial electrician there is an incredible amount of time and energy that must go into learning about the various machines and equipment that they use. It definitely isn't changing light bulbs. These machines are huge. Shane showed me one of the fuses from the plant where he used to work. It was the size of a two liter bottle of pop! Sometimes it scares me to think of shane working on equipment that big..but I know he is really careful. Now that he is in Soda Springs during the week I miss him like crazy....I can't wait until May!!!

About two weeks ago we went to the Hubbard snowmobile party. They have one every year. My father in law had an accident. He was leaning into a turn when suddenly the snowmachine flipped. It went end-over-end three times and traveled about 100 feet. Lucky he wasn't hurt. Shane nearly had a heart attack though. He was on the other snowmachine and came up over the hill just in time to see his dad go flying and the snow machine flip over and over. I'm just glad that nobody got hurt or worse.

A few days after that I was sound asleep in bed when all the sudden the bed started shaking. I was like "what the heck?"...when it dawned on me that it was an earthquake. It only lasted a few seconds, but it was the first one that I remember feeling.

I also got to meet my brother's girlfriend/potential fiance. I hope it works out for them. She is the nicest girl and fits my brother perfectly. He deserves to be happy and has waited a long time for this to happen. I guess to everything there is a season.

School is still going on as usual. I am getting ready to take the Praxis II exam...YIKES! Wish me luck.

No comments: